Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hymns for this school year

We will be utilizing this book this year to help us learn these great songs of faith. I tried to choose the ones that were somehow related to our country so most were written by early americans. We will read about the origin of the hymns, their writers, sing along with them and use the lyrics for copywork. We had fun with a few hymns last year but not as many as I would have liked. I was quite happy to find this book to help us focus.


Here are my choices:

Doxology

O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing

The Star Spangled Banner

My Country ‘Tis of Thee

What a Friend We Have in Jesus

Battle Hymn of the Republic

Jesus Paid It All

O Little Town of Bethlehem

Sweet By and By

Blessed Assurance

Standing on the Promises

Trust and Obey

America, the Beautiful

Jesus Loves the Little Children

I Surrender All

Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee

In The Garden

Great is Thy Faithfulness

No comments: