Friday, May 16, 2008

School days are coming to a close ..........

We are wrapping up school over here with maybe a week or two left. We are all excited at the prospect of some lazy summer days. I have enjoyed this year thoroughly but we all are ready for a break. WOO-HOO!!

Here are a few things we've been busy with this week (along with all the usuals of course ... Math, Language, Reading, Geography, Science Projects, blah blah blah).


Fancy chose a beautiful quote for her copywork today. It is from the Amy Carmichael biography I am currently L-O-V-I-N-G. I have been reading this for WEEKS as it is one to be savored. The quote is actually a writing to Amy from her widowed Mother in January, 1892. She wrote this encouraging Amy to follow God's call in to the mission field. Amy was hesistant to leave her precious Mother behind. It says:

He who hath led will lead
All through the wilderness,
He who hath fed will surely feed ....
He who hath heard thy cry
Will never close His ear,
He who hath marked thy faintest sigh
Will not forget thy tear.
He loveth always, faileth never,
So rest on Him today - forever.




Brings a tear to my eye to read it .... especially in my sweet daughter's handwriting.



On a lighter note .... Bubby fashioned himself a pencil holder from clay yesterday. He was QUITE proud until he realized the pencil cannot be removed from said holder for use. Bummer. He took it all in stride .... with a sheepish grin. Lesson learned.



Here he is diligently learning to write in "Cur-Viss". In his defense, this is what Fancy called it as a young girl and so we all say "Cur-Viss" ... he just picked it up from us. I guess I should correct him .... it's hard though, it's just so.darn.CUTE.

Anyway, I have been holding him back from cursive because his manuscript is just plain sloppy. I finally conceded as I came to the conclusion that he is indeed a boy and maybe my expectations are too high. He is very excited to learn it .... We shall see.

Have a GREAT weekend!

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

YES! What a powerful quote! We just finished our second time through the Benge biography of her, and _A Chance To Die_ is on my summer reading stack. Love it, love it. Reading her (and Elisabeth Elliot) years ago *changed* me. Reading about Carmichael, written by Elliot is just about more than I can take. LOL

Oh, and your kids are awesome!!