Tuesday, February 12, 2008

An Update

I had no idea it had been this long since I had posted anything. Wow.

There isn't much to say except that we have been VERY busy with school, volleyball, drum lessons, tumbling classes, the flu, strep thraot, a stomach virus, a new job for me (not a part of my plan but something I am excited about now), and some "normal life" added into the mix.

School has been going great. I can't believe how close we are to the end of the school year. We only have 13 more weeks (of course, we did start in July). Had I known HSing could go so smoothly, I would have started much sooner. I'm not saying it's easy ..... but it's been great. I'm already looking forward to next year.

This week we are starting our studies of Asia. We will focus on India for the next two weeks. I have a sweet friend at work that moved here from India just a few years ago. She has offered to make us an authentic Indian dinner. I am exited about it. My kids, on the other hand, are nervous to say the least. I asked Beena to be kind to us and not make it too spicy. Hopefully she will honor that request. =)

We are reading this book about Amy Carmichael this week. We have really enjoyed learning about so many missionaries this year during our Geography studies. Fancy especially seems to enjoy missionary stories.

I hope you all are having a great week.

Thanks for checking in.

V

3 comments:

sarah said...

new job? do tell!

Nicole said...

I've been checking on you, but hadn't seen anything! glad you are alive and well...where did you get a job? Hope everything is good with you!

Cyndi said...

LOVE Amy Carmichael!! (And William Carey...) In fact, we might even name our new little girl Amy. That's how much I love A.C. Reading her books (her biography as well as her actual writing) changed my life.

I'm so glad you're feeling God's hand of blessing in your homeschooling. It sounds like you are truly experiencing what it feels like for Him to daily equip you to do what He's called you to do. I love reading that!