Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Almost Forgot

Remember I mentioned my sweet friend Beena from work was going to make us an authentic Indian dinner? Well she did so a couple of weeks ago .... a FABULOUS dinner of chicken and rice.

I wasn't sure how my kids would do with it, but they were happy to try it. We all LOVED the rice. It was so yummy .... and FULL of veggies. The chicken was a bit spicy, but I was proud that they atleast gave it a try..... especially Bubby ... he is my picky eater.



She also brought each of them a handmade wall hanging made of Jute. They were both impressed with the detail of the work. It was so sweet of her to make us a meal and bring gifts.



CONFESSION: Yep, those are "American" veggies, pork chops and rolls on the plate WITH the Indian food. I have two excuses reasons: 1) As most of you know, The Husband is allergic to poultry, so I had to make him a meal and 2) I wasn't sure if my kids would eat enough of the Indian food to be full. As it turned out, the rice was a hit and they would have gotten full on that alone. I should ask her for her recipe.



THANKS BEENA !!

No comments: