Monday, December 17, 2007

All he wants for Christhmath .......

ith hith two front teeth !!

(And a much needed haircut)




He turned 8 on Saturday. The years have flown by.



I remember Christmas Eve 1999 very well. Bubby was just over a week old. It was about 11pm. I sat with him alone in the dark after a long day of family, presents, food and fun. I sat holding him in the chair by the Christmas Tree in the living room of our tiny duplex. Everyone else was fast asleep. Bubby wanted one more feeding. I was exhausted. Sitting there nursing him next to the twinkling lights of the tree though, I felt so much joy. I remember studying his tiny feet and hands. I cried that night at the realization that one day his hands and feet would be bigger than mine. Every year, that day gets closer and closer. I cherish each day that he is still my "little bit" as we sometimes call him.

Happy Birthday my sweet boy !!

No comments: