Monday, September 10, 2007

Job loss, Six Flags, Canada, and a Wreck

No .... I am not going to try to come up with some cute way to relate these. I just had some posting to do on each.


For those who haven't already heard: I was laid off from my job last week after working there almost 2 years. Things have been really slow and I kind of felt it coming, but it was still unsettling and a bit of a kick to the ego. They did it strictly by seniority, but it still hurt a bit. Luckily, being a nurse, I didn't go long without a job ..... less than 12 hours in fact. I have been working full-time at my new job about 2 weeks now and things are going pretty well. It is in a SMALL hospital so it is taking some getting used to. I am trying to embrace the postive things about it though .... one important one being that it takes about 45 minutes off my commute (and that is ONE WAY). Pray it continues to be a good experience.

We had a great time at Six Flags over the weekend (Free tickets thanks to the hospital I now work for). I took my camera but had left the memory card at home ... so use your imaginations. The kids rode lots of rides while I kept things under control down where things were safe. hehe. We ate too much junk, got too little sleep and just plain enjoyed ourselves. We should really go there more often. Maybe next Spring we will get Season Passes.

We got a caricature drawn of the kids while there and the artist captured their "Love" for one another quite well. We got a good laugh out of it. I' m going to get a frame for it this week and decide where to hang it up.



We are finishing up our studies of Canada this week. The kids have not found it as exciting as Mexico and are ready to move onto Brazil next week. We will be going to the Library on Friday to exchange out our books after P.E. (which is a class they will be taking on Fridays at the Homeschool Co-op in our area). Bubby is really looking forward to it. Fancy .... not so much. But as I recall, I don't think in Middle School I liked P.E. either.

Here are just a couple of things they did on Canada .... a crossword and a flag.

Oh .... and someone rear-ended us in the Jetta a couple of weeks ago. I thought I'd cry. Have I told you I love my car? Anyway, the damage is minor but here is a picture of the rear bumper. It should be in the shop for replacement soon. We have been dealing with her insurance company for over a week now. They aren't fighting us on it, it is just A LOT of red tape. ugh.

Have a great week !!




No comments: