Monday, January 12, 2009

A Bit of Paint Can Make it All Better

With Bubby, any amount of writing is just plain TOO MUCH. It is really the only battle we have. He hates to have to pick up a pencil. Period.

Why this never came to me sooner, I don't know, but I have recently started letting him paint some of his assignments. Yep ..... anything. He even has painted his math facts a time or two.

Today, he needed to make the title page for his chapter on Mars in his Science notebook.  After a long morning of copywork, language arts worksheets, and math work, I knew I might be in for a meltdown. I decided to be proactive. I pulled out the paints and the science notebook and he happily worked away.

I wish I would have thought of this A LOT sooner. =)

jan.12.08 001 jan.12.08 002

No comments: